You build a life for sixteen years and leave it for ten months.
You build a life for ten months and leave it forever.
Which one is harder?

Monday, August 1, 2016

update #1 - EF Camp & first days in Cali

U guys made me cry,  love you<3
Days count: 11

On the 20th of July I went to the airport & it was time to say goodbye to my friends and family. I was kinda sad but really excited to leave. My first flight was from Zurich to London, and from then from London to New York.

 At the NY airport, the EF Staff picked us up & we went to the Campus called Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pennsilvanya where the camp was. I had a great time at the camp, I've met so many nice people there and we've made a lot of nice trips. We went to a baseball game, to NYC and to Dorey Park, an adventure park with many roller coasters . 


cookies
Penguins rock 
We've had some volleyball  tournaments and the classes were very helpful. The food was amazing, but I feel like I gained a lot of weight. I was sad when I had to say goodbye to everyone, but its great to know that I have friends from all over the world now. (The Netherlands, Norway, Denmark,…) We were/are all in the same situation & its just like that you just talked to everyone & they understood, its kinda difficult to explain. Its a good feeling to know that they're not that far away (Florida, California, Nevada, Nebraska,..) 
tired as hell ^^
July 29th we had a talent show &  Prom, and it was great fun. The music was good & everyone was dancing and stuff (would never happen in Switzerland , just saying) Prom ended at 11 PM & my bus to the airport headed out at 2.15 AM, so I didn't go to sleep. 
View from the top of the rocker feller center
July 30th I went to Philadelphia airport & my flight was to Phoenix. In Phoenix I missed my flight to Bakersfield and I was really upset about that, so I had to take another flight to Fresno (about 2h from Bakersfield). My luggage went to Bakersfield, so we had to pick it up on our way home.  When I saw my host family the first time was really glad & happy, but also really tired, because had no sleep for 2 days. We stopped at in n' out burgers and to be honest: it was the best burger I've ever eaten in my life *-*